i have finally got around to upgrading my dev server at home to use windows server 2003. it all went pretty smoothly barring the usual hunt for device drivers. the only issue now is that the networking seems a bit slow. there are so many points of failure in my set up that it is a bit tricky to track down so if the christmas website is not available my apologies.

i also took the chance to upgrade the network card to a "proper" card rather than just a cheapo 10mbit one which i acquired from somewhere. i suppose this might be the source of my network problems but it all installed with the proper drivers. i am sure that i have made a mistake on the server configuration somewhere but it will have to wait until next weekend now.